Birth Doula Support
Doula means ‘woman serving woman’ in Latin.
A doula is a trained, non-medical support person for families during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. We provide unbiased information, options, clear communication, emotional care, encouragement, and physical support for birthing families. As birth doulas, we complement your birth team and support you through the birth experience you choose.
We respectfully and happily support all birthing options without bias or agenda, including cesarean births, medicated or unmedicated births, home births, VBACS, adoptions, and surrogacies.
Birth Doula Support - through MyBirth - $700 - $900
Consuming your placenta postpartum has abundant benefits for the postpartum woman. Some of its possible health benefits are:
• Lessening the risk of postpartum hemorrhage and lessening the lochia phase
• Providing the hormones, human placental lactogen and prolactin, to assist with your milk coming in sooner and maintaining a healthy supply throughout your nursing relationship
• Replenishing iron lost from birth to prevent post-birth anemia. Low iron levels can lead to depressive symptoms in a new mother
• Balancing out your hormone levels until the body is able to regulate on its own
• Providing natural pain relief from the labor and birthing process
• Helping your uterus return to pre-pregnancy size
• Lending you a consistent flow of oxytocin (the bonding and euphoric hormone)
• Replenishing your B-Vitamins and offering your body protein for energy
• Protecting from infection due to retained placenta or bacteria in the uterus
We pick up your placenta from your place of birth and can use Raw or TCM to encapsulate. We also offer prints and cord keepsakes, and tinctures. Please email us with any additional questions about our methods and safety practices.
Placenta Encapsulation - $295 - through MyBirth
Placenta Print and Cord keepsake - $25
Flavored Capsules now standard.